Fatal Funnel Films is an Illinois-based production company dedicated to the creation of independent feature films. Utilizing the increasingly relevant accessibility of digital filmmaking techniques and technologies, Fatal Funnel Films seeks to push the boundaries of filmmaking in order to tell unique and dramatic stories that will connect with audiences across the globe.
Fatal Funnel is a military breaching term, where a combat fire team must enter into the danger zone through a doorway to dominate the targeted room. The “fatal funnel” is the most dangerous aspect of the breach, where the fire team must rely on their faith in one another to take the plunge and cross the threshold together to complete the mission.
Film is the greatest collaborative art form there is, where creative vision is turned into reality through the hard work of many dedicated individuals who share a passion for story telling. Like breaching that door, filmmaking is a team-based operation, where creative and logistical minds must converge and collectively take the plunge into the commitment of great storytelling. Fatal Funnel Films aims to cross that threshold into the world of thrilling yet relatable drama, to dominate the landscape of independent film, and to fulfill our inherent desire to pursue our passion through the creation of art.
The journey is yours to take, just across the breach. Welcome to the threshold.
Tagline: "Everyone locks a part of themselves away."
Logline: When a teenage girl goes missing in the woods, it’s up to an aging sheriff to find her. With his deputy questioning his every move, this small town sheriff will have to face the wrath of the girl’s abusive father in order to bring her home safe before it’s too late.
Tagline: "Take back what's yours. "
Logline: A woman thru-hiking the Appalachian Trail runs into trouble when her pack is hijacked by two men hiding out in the woods, desperate and on the run. Now, stranded and left to fend for herself, she has a choice: crawl back to her normal life in defeat, or push forward and take back what was stolen from her.
- Jul 12, 2017 CELLAR DOOR nominated at Austin Revolution Film Festival Jul 12, 2017
- Jul 3, 2017 FFF on CinemaJaw Podcast Jul 3, 2017
- Jul 3, 2017 Range Runners Announced Jul 3, 2017
- Jul 2, 2017 CELLAR DOOR wins Best Chicago Short Film Jul 2, 2017
- Jun 7, 2017 CELLAR DOOR Nominated at Windy City Film Festival Jun 7, 2017
- Jun 5, 2017 Two New Members Added to The Team Jun 5, 2017
- May 5, 2017 Philip S. Plowden wins Emerging Artist Award May 5, 2017
- Apr 30, 2017 Sean Patrick Leonard wins Best Supporting Actor Apr 30, 2017
- Mar 16, 2017 CELLAR DOOR nominated at Twister Alley Film Festival Mar 16, 2017
- Mar 3, 2017 Classic Chicago Magazine covers CELLAR DOOR's private screening Mar 3, 2017
- Mar 1, 2017 CELLAR DOOR to Screen at Fundraiser Event Mar 1, 2017
- Feb 20, 2017 CELLAR DOOR Screens at AMC River East 21 Feb 20, 2017
- Feb 14, 2017 CELLAR DOOR mentioned in Sun-Times Feb 14, 2017
- Jan 2, 2017 CELLAR DOOR to premiere at Cinema on the Bayou Jan 2, 2017
- Dec 7, 2016 CELLAR DOOR Blu-Ray Cover Released Dec 7, 2016
- Oct 9, 2016 Like Father, Like Son Oct 9, 2016
- Sep 29, 2016 Score Completed for CELLAR DOOR Sep 29, 2016
- Sep 18, 2016 CELLAR DOOR featured in Classic Chicago Magazine Sep 18, 2016
- Aug 26, 2016 Music Consultants signed for CELLAR DOOR Aug 26, 2016
- Aug 10, 2016 Periscope comes aboard to handle post Aug 10, 2016
- Jul 24, 2016 CELLAR DOOR wraps Principal Photography Jul 24, 2016
- Jul 21, 2016 CELLAR DOOR headlines Screen Magazine's "THE CALL SHEET" Jul 21, 2016
- Jul 8, 2016 CELLAR DOOR kicks off Principal Photography Jul 8, 2016
- May 11, 2016 Darryl Miller signs as Director of Photography May 11, 2016
- May 10, 2016 Christian Crocker enters the Fatal Funnel May 10, 2016